Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reflection Post

Studying the vocabulary required for this class made me a better reader and ahead of the game. Whenever I learn a new vocabulary, I always make my own sentence. Sometimes I make funny sentences using my new vocabulary word that I learned. I just think that funny sentences are better than common sentences. People need to laugh every once in a while. However, I dont really notice around me some of the new vocabulary words that I learned. For example, most people would rather say spread or scatter rather than saying strewn. I often approach unfamiliar vocabulary in a different way. To explain, new vocabulary words can be heard and learn during a conversation or by watching a movie or news. My favorite news channel will always be CNN. This news channel always talks about not just American news but global news. I learned a lot by watching this channel. My knowledge in geography expanded. My knowledge in religion and science improved as well. I dont really use some of the vocabulary words that I learned whenever I talk to my friends or text to my friends because they will ask for the definition, and then I have to tell them the whole definition. I would rather tell them the definition by speaking not texting because I dont have unlimitted minutes. I still remember most of the vocabulary words that I learned. I do consider that my dendrites are still accurate which is a good thing for a dictionary.com prodigy like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment