Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reflection Post #2

Reading is one of the things that I often do. I only read when it’s necessary. When I was a little kid, my mom bought me a book about frogs. It had pictures on it too. I really liked that book, and after that, I enjoyed reading books with pictures on it. So far, the hardest book that I read was Hamlet. Hamlet was written by Shakespear hundreds of years ago, yet the lessons from that book still occur in today's modern world. I dont know why many people liked that book I mean, nobody talks like Shakespear nowadays. I like reading comic books and mangas. I like it because reading mangas or comic books makes you feel like you're actually watching the story in real time. The only books without pictures that I liked were 1984, Hamlet, To Kill a Mockingbird, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. I enjoyed reading those books because I learned how to visualize the story in a better way and in more descriptive way. Right now, i'm currently reading Funny in Farsi written by Firoozeh Dumas. She's one of the main characters from the book. So basically, this book is about her and her family's lives when they moved to America. The good thing about comic books or mangas is that you will see pictures and words at the same time. Looking at the picture and reading the words can really tell good stories and I can able to predict what's going to happen next. Unlike books without pictures, it'll take me more time to know what will happen next.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you when you said you only read when you have to because i am the same way because i don"t like to read. i like the fact that you read comic books because I do feel like it puts me into the story. I also like the fact that there are pictures in the books to because it gives me an actual visual of what the author want s you to see.

    ReplyDelete