Thursday, October 1, 2009

Reflection Post #3

Moving to a different country really changed the shaped of my life today. I was born in the Philippines and migrated here in U.S. back in 2003. It was hard for me to adjust during my first six months in America. I wasn't able to understand the language like I do now. Also, I wasn't able to speak the language like I do now. All those challenges that I faced, all the efforts that I did to fit feels like they all just happened yesterday. Looking back, I did grew up. I grew up because I made many mistakes and descisions in my life. I believve that making a mistake or making bad decisions can make a person grow up and become a better man because we learn from making mistakes. When I first came to this country, I was surprised of the diversity that I saw. Most people that I met were friendly, some are not friendly. Most teens at my age love to play sports. So I played sports. I was proud of all the efforts that I did in the past to fit in the society. I was able to make friends. Then after a couple of years, I went back to my country to visit. I felt very weird. It was like going back in time. I was only twelve when I left. When I got to the Philippines, I didn't feel like eighteen years old, I felt like twelve years old. All the childhood memories suddenly came back. And I said to myself, "Im finally home."

1 comment:

  1. I agreed with you when you said that we can grow to be a better person through our mistakes. I know I have because I use to be such a bad kid when i was younger. I would always act without thinking about the consequence.

    I hope your enjoying your stay here in America still and im a friendly american by the way! haha. I'm also a teen who likes to play sports!!

    ReplyDelete